Friday 26 August 2011

Its Raining , Its Pouring....

Its raining today and when it rains the best thing to do is cook. So today has been a bit of a cook-athon. There is nothing more satisfying than cooking and creating delicious things, I find it very relaxing and enjoy the magic carpet ride of smells and tastes. I do admit that most of my cooking is experimental but every now and again I do have to follow a recipe or end up with a mess. Here are a few of the more tasty creations I made today...


Mediterranean Chutney.

This one is an absolute winner - a fantastic way of using courgettes, peppers and tomatoes from the garden. We cant seem to get enough of it at the moment, a jar doesn't last very long. It a relief to have finally found a recipe for our courgette crop that doesn't send the family running.

Another trial today which went down extremely well. This was a recipe I found. Peanut butter and Rice Krispie balls. We didn't get as far as dipping them in chocolate they were extremely yummy without it.

Finally something that's been brewing in the garage for ages ....Raspberry Vodka. This was an answer to a fantastic glut of raspberries this year. I am by no means an expert gardener, if anything I rely more on luck than skill. The raspberries this year surpassed all expectations and we harvested a massive 7 kgs. The freezer is overflowing, jams been made and well why not some vodka too. This is a special one we might save for Christmas if I can hide it away that long.


To keep all those interested parties up to date, here is what our sugar crystal candies look like 2 days in...

More to follow soon ........

No comments:

Post a Comment