Well the end result was a BIG success - big on the size front I didn't realise how much they spread when the cook and also a big hit with the family who promptly devoured the plateful . If you want to have a go here's the recipe I used ( just remember to put teaspoon full drops on the baking sheets as they do spread out quite a bit.)
Homemade Romany Creams
1. Cream together 1/2 lb Butter and 1 cup Sugar .
2. Sift together 2 cups Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
3. Add 1 1/2 cup dessicated Coconut to the dry ingredients.
4. Add to dry ingredients.
4. Dissolve 2 tablespoon Cocoa in 1/2 cup hot water.
5. Mix all together.
6. Drop teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350ºF.
7. Sandwich two back-to-back with melted chocolate when they have cooled.