Tuesday 18 October 2011

Simple Pleasures.

Take time to enjoy the simple pleasures that surround you. It will make a big difference to your day. I decided to make some butternut soup today. The weather is getting colder and there is nothing nicer than a big bowl of smooth velvety warm soup to really give you a great big hug.

Homemade Butternut Soup. ( my recipe )

1 butternut peeled and cut into chunks.
1 onion peeled and sliced
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1 clove of garlic crushed
About a litre of chicken stock.
A pinch of chilli powder
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Lightly fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until soft. 
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 - 45 minutes until the butternut is soft. 
Blend until smooth . 
Season to taste and enjoy. 
You can add some double cream or creme fraiche if you wish.

This is one of my simple pleasures I enjoy. A few other which might inspire you are :-

  • Putting one clothes straight from the dryer  - warm and snuggly.
  • Slipping into bed and enjoying the feel and smell of fresh, crisp bed sheets.
  • Making someone smile.
  • Lying snuggled in bed listening to the rain on the window.
  • The smell of freshly brewed coffee.
  • Chocolate cake.
  • A Family Cuddle.

Having a busy time at the moment - christmas gift plans are in full swing. Will put some more details up when I have goods to show. There is also Halloween around the corner too - so I might try ghoulish treats or two. Bonfire night and birthdays and I was worried I wouldn't have anything to do when the children were at school.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask you for the recipe. I love your blog. You are the next Mrs Beaton in my bookxxx

    ReplyDelete