Tuesday 1 May 2012

Building rainbows

Rain, rain and more rain.

Its raining again, its been raining for the past few weeks and still we are in a drought and have a hose-pipe ban, funny isnt it.

Its been a bit of a stressful and chaotic time at home too and I've been feeling like I have a huge black thunder cloud hanging over me. I feel heavy and cant breathe and then my body starts to take the strain. High blood pressure - never had it before and I am trying to get rid of it now. All down to that one word - STRESS.

Yet despite all the heaviness and headaches, I am trying to focus on something good and slowly its getting me through.

The prescription :

Take time each day - 5 minutes is all you need - to sit quietly and think of 3 things that you are grateful for. They don't have to be big things, just small glimmers of light and before long you'll have created a rainbow.
These are some of the things I am grateful for today -

  • The first day of a new month - a new beginning.
  • Waking up this morning feeling rested after a good nights sleep
  • The lovely hot cup of tea my husband made for me this morning.
  • Special friends who phone to chat and check up that you are ok.

So take some time to pause and think of all the special things in your life that often slip by unnoticed and go and build your own rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment