Tuesday 8 May 2012

Food Adventures

I have a lousy cold, so I am taking some time to slow things down a bit, but then I get bored and when I get bored I usually end up cooking. Here are 2 of my latest food adventures that I thought I would share with you.

Homemade mozarella cheese ( 30 minutes )



I have dabbled previously into making my own cheese - the soft cheese sort and thought I'd get a little bit more adventurous - following the steps http://www.cheesemaking.com/howtomakemozzarellacheese.html I soon had my own homemade mozarella cheese  - I was excited. What better way to enjoy the lovely creamy cheese but with tomato and basil of course.


We went out to lunch this weekend and I had the most delicious vegetarian tagine. It was so delicious I decided to try to recreate it and this is my version.

Butternut , tomato, spinach and chickpea tagine.


Ingredients:
butternut - cubed
onion
garlic
red pepper cut into chunks
tin of whole peeled plum tomatoes
chicken stock
chilli flakes
chickpeas - 1 tin drained
spinach chopped.

In a saucepan I lightly fried the onions and garlic then added the butternut, red pepper, tinned tomatoes and some chicken stock ( how much depends on how liquid you want your tagine - I used about 100ml). Add some seasoning ( salt, pepper and chilli flakes - again how much depends on how hot you want it ). Simmer for 20 minutes till the butternut is tender. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Stir in some spinach and then serve. Delicious. We had ours with pitta breads.

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious - I will definitely give it a go

    ReplyDelete